Memorable butter boards with chutney are easy to create in just a few minutes. The addition of tart and sweet chutney brightens and balances rich creamy butter. Like a deconstructed compound butter, these boards are sure to be a hit. Locally Seasoned chutneys make for memorable feasting when spread over sweet cream butter. You could offer one board with multiple butters or keep it simple with one per board. Make as little or as much as you’d like. Serve with warm bread or our signature Naan Crostini.
New to butter boards? That’s ok, because butter boards really are new. They were introduced in 2017 by Chef Joshua McFadden in his cookbook Six Seasons: A New Way With Vegetables. We are obsessed with chutney and obsessed with butter… Thanks to Chef Joshua we can bring those obsessions together in one delicious mash up.
- Good Irish butter, room temperature
- Locally Seasoned Ginger Plum Spice Chutney
- Walnuts, toasted and chopped
- Lemon zest
- 1 tsp fresh thyme, minced
- fresh parsley leaves for garnish
- Begin with a food safe board or long flat serving dish with low sides.
- Layer room temperature butter and spread, using an offset icing spatula or butter knife. Swirl the edges up slightly to create a well for your toppings. Spread butter flat in the center.
- Carefully dollop chutney over top. Using the back of a spoon or your offset icing spatula, gently spread the chunks of chutney to about 1/2 inch from each edge.
- Top with walnuts and lemon zest.
- Sprinkle fresh thyme and garnish with parsley.
VARIATION: Cranberry Ginger Chutney with fresh thyme and pistachios. Simply use Locally Seasoned Cranberry Ginger Chutney in place of Ginger Plum Spice. And pistachios instead of walnuts. Delicious!
Our commitment to you: Exceptional flavors. Nourishing thoughts. Delicious living.
Locally Seasoned artisanal chutneys and pickled garnishes are still crafted using all natural ingredients, simmered slowly until thick and hand-packed. Like and follow @locallyseasonedyorkpa on Facebook and Instagram.