This Honey Garlic Roasted Acorn Squash with Lime is sweet and bright. Locally Seasoned’s Honey Garlic Chutney adds a caramelized sweetness that compliments earthy flavors of acorn squash. Adding lime, parsley or cilantro to garnish makes it refreshing light and bright. Experiment and try it with other varieties of winter squash. Your winter dinners will thank you! Serves 8-10 as a veggie side or 4-6 as a vegan main dish.
- 2 medium acorn squash, halved lengthwise, seeded and sliced into 1 inch wedges
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 5 oz jar Locally Seasoned Honey Garlic Chutney
- 1 tspn kosher salt
- 1/2 tspn black pepper
- 1/2 tspn red pepper flakes
- 2 TBSP lime juice
- 1 tspn lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley or cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix lime juice, zest and herbs. Set aside.
- Place squash in a single layer on baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Rub each squash piece with oil mixture until well coated.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until the bottoms of each piece are browned. Remove from oven. Leave oven at 400° F.
- Pour Locally Seasoned Honey Garlic Chutney over squash and sprinkle with red pepper flakes. Toss each piece a couple of times to coat. Leave browned side up.
- Return squash to oven for 10 minutes. Test for doneness by inserting a fork into the thickest piece. If it goes through easily with no resistance, it’s ready. Remove from oven.
- Garnish with herb and lime mixture to serve.
OPTIONAL TOPPINGS: You could also top with toasted walnuts, pumpkin seeds or pistachios. To make this dish vegetarian, sprinkle crumbled feta or goat cheese. Happy Eating!
We’d love to hear what you thought of your dish! Happy Eating!