Recipe from Locally Seasoned
Our Baked Brie with Chocolate Fig & Walnut Chutney may be the perfect appetizer. It looks elegant, is easy to make and requires only a few ingredients. Bring warm melty brie with rich tangy chutney, fresh herbs and pistachios and you’ll be invited back again and again. Serve with crusty bread, tart granny smith apples, hardy crackers or crostini. Serves 8 to 12.
- 12-13 oz round of Brie
- 4-5 heaping spoonfuls Locally Seasoned Chocolate Fig Chutney with Walnuts
- 1 to 2 fresh figs, sliced into wedges
- fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup pistachios, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- Place brie (keep rind on) in a small cast iron skillet or oven-safe dish.
- Spread Locally Seasoned Chocolate Fig Chutney with Walnuts over top of the brie. Leave about 1/2 to 3/4 inch from the edge. You can be as generous with the Chutney as you’d like.
- Arrange fig wedges around the center in a fan formation. Dot with fresh herbs.
- Bake, uncovered, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the top with crushed pistachios.
- Serve warm with your favorite bread or cracker. Happy Eating!
Click here for more Locally Seasoned Recipes.
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook @locallyseasonedyorkpa.