Zesty little gems you just pop in your mouth. So classy, no one will guess how easy it is.
- 6 large eggs, hard boiled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 TBSP dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp tabasco (or more to taste)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 TBSP Locally Seasoned Pickled Mustard Seeds
- fresh dill or parsley
- Slice eggs in half lengthwise. Scoop out yolks and place in the bowl of a food processor or blender.
- Arrange your egg whites on a serving platter.
- To the yolks, add mayonnaise, dijon, tabasco, salt, pepper and onion powder. Blend until creamy smooth. If it’s too lumpy or dry (yolks can be very different,) add mayonnaise 1 TBSP at a time. Let it blend until all the lumps are out.
- Taste and adjust salt if needed.
- Scrape yolk mixture into a piping bag fitted with the tip of your choice. Pipe yolk mixture into the well of each egg white until well mounded. You can refrigerate, covered, for up to 24 hours before your event.
- Just before serving, garnish with fresh dill or parsley and Locally Seasoned Pickled Mustard Seeds.
- Garnish just before serving for freshest flavor.
- If you don’t have piping bags, you can use a plastic sandwich or freezer bag. Snip a small hole at one corner of the bag and pipe the yolk mixture that way.
- This recipe doubles well. However, don’t double the tabasco or white pepper. Use the original amount called for, then taste and add only if needed.