Our chutney glazed ham recipe is sure to bring them to the table. Ham is great for any occasion, it’s simple to prepare, beautiful and mouthwatering. Leftovers are perfect for breakfast dishes, sandwiches and soups. The sweet sticky glaze, made with our Cherry Jalapeno Chutney creates a memorable combination. You’ll make it again and again. Serves 12 with leftovers.
- 1 8-10 lb fully-cooked bone-in ham (shank or butt) with the rind off
- 2 tsp orange zest
- 1 cup orange juice, divided
- 1/2 cup Locally Seasoned Cherry Jalapeno Chutney
- 2/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup quality dijon mustard (like Maille Dijon Mustard)
- Place oven rack on the lower third. Pull ham out of the refrigerator and let it rest on the counter for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 300° F. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil for easy clean up. Unwrap your ham and score the fat in a 1 inch diamond pattern (1/4 inch down or less.) Be careful not to score the meat as that may dry it out during cooking.
- Place the ham into the baking pan and pour in 1/2 cup orange juice. Cover with foil and bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, make your glaze. To the bowl of a food processor, add zest, the other 1/2 cup orange juice, Cherry Jalapeno Chutney, brown sugar and mustard. Pulse until smooth, scraping down sides as needed.
- Remove ham from oven, increase oven temperature to 425° F. Remove foil and pour 1/2 of the glaze all over the ham. Brush in between the slits and all around into little corners for full coverage. Return to oven and bake, uncovered, for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and pour remaining glaze all over the ham. Again, brush the slits and all around for full coverage. Return to the oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven. This time, using a baster or long handled spoon, baste your ham well with juices from the bottom of the pan. You can use your brush if you’d like but be sure to give it a good basting. Return to oven for 10 minutes.
- Let your ham rest for 15 to 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with your favorite Locally Seasoned chutney on the side. We love it with Blueberry Lemon Chutney with Sumac & Chili; Cranberry Ginger Chutney; Spicy Berry Chutney; Ginger Plum Spice Chutney; Pickled Raisins and of course, Cherry Jalapeno Chutney. Happy eating!