Made with Locally Seasoned’s Cranberry Ginger Chutney, this delightful chicken salad with curry shines! After all, it was inspired by one our all-time favorite chefs, Ina Garten. We just gave it some Locally Seasoned lovins. Happy Eating!
makes approximately 1 quart or 4 cups
Instead of using bone-in chicken breasts we opted for boneless thighs and breasts to save time.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- extra virgin olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 1/4 cup mayonnaise (we use Hellman’s)
- 1/2 cup Locally Seasoned Cranberry Ginger Chutney
- 3 tsp curry powder
- 1 cup diced celery
- 2 TBSP minced red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Rub the chicken breasts and thighs generously with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Roast for 22 to 26 minutes (thermometer should read 165 degrees F.) Set aside until cool enough to handle. When cool enough, cut the chicken into small pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Add celery, red onion, raisins and slivered almonds.
- To make the dressing: In the bowl of a food processor, add mayonnaise, chutney and curry powder. Process until smooth. You may still have a few small chutney bits, but that’s ok.
- Add the dressing to the chicken and other ingredients. Mix well.
- Refrigerate before serving. Best made a day or two ahead.
- Amazing with pretzels!