Very easy to prepare. Smoked salmon on puff pastry with Pickled Mustard Seeds are great for entertaining. Salty, buttery and smokey with little pops of mustard seed…Enjoy!
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
- 1/4 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 1/4 cup everything bagel seasoning
- 2 tsp fennel seed
- 8 oz crème fraîche (or cream cheese, softened)
- 4 TBSP horseradish, freshly grated
- 2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced very thin
- 8 oz sliced smoked salmon
- 2 TBSP Locally Seasoned Pickled Mustard Seeds SHOP NOW
- Tarragon, fresh torn leaves
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Cut puff pastry into three long rectangles. Place rectangles, spaced apart, on a baking sheet prepared with parchment paper.
- Using a pastry brush, slather puff pastry rectangles with melted butter. Be sure to get the ends and edges. Sprinkle everything bagel seasoning and fennel seeds evenly over puff pastry.
- Bake 15 to 18 minutes until pastry is puffed up and evenly golden brown. Allow to cool before serving.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix crème fraîche, horseradish, dijon mustard, lemon zest and black pepper. Keep covered in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Just before serving assemble your appetizer. Cut the puff pastry on a diagonal about 1 1/2 to 2 inches wide. Carefully smear crème fraîche over pastry slices.
- Top with thin slice of red onion, smoked salmon, small dollop of Pickled Mustard Seeds and a few torn leaves of fresh tarragon.
- Serve on a plate or directly from your cutting board.
- Happy Eating!