Creating the perfect grazing experience for your guests shouldn’t be complicated. Fortunately creating this creamy hummus is easy. Your guests will know it’s made from scratch, they’ll think you spent half the day in the kitchen. Go ahead and let them think just that. They’ll feel the love and you’ll feel appreciated.
makes about 2 1/2 to 3 cups
- 2 – 15 oz cans garbanzo beans (or chickpeas), drained but reserve the liquid
- 2 TBSP extra virgin olive oil, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- pinch paprika for garnish
- Drain garbanzo beans, reserving the liquid from the can into a bowl. Remove 2 TBSP garbanzo beans and set aside for garnish.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, place remaining garbanzo beans, olive oil, tahini, lemon juice, garlic, salt, pepper and cumin. Add 1/4 cup of the reserved liquid from the garbanzo can.
- Blitz on high for 30 seconds. If it’s lumpy or grainy, add 2 TBSP liquid from the garbanzo can. Scrape down sides.
- Bitz on high for 30 seconds. It should be looking pretty creamy by now. If not you can add a little more reserved liquid.
- Blitz on high for 3 minutes. Scrape down sides as necessary. The longer it goes the smoother it becomes.
- Spread hummus on a serving plate or scoop it into a serving bowl. Smooth out the top like you’re icing a cake.
- Randomly plop the garbanzo beans you set aside earlier over the top. Then sprinkle some paprika.
- Finally, drizzle a good glug of extra virgin olive oil and let it pool deliciously in the crevices.
- Serve with your favorite crackers, flat bread or sliced fresh vegetables.
- Perfect compliment for your charcuterie or cheese board!